Standard mortgage loans
Social mortgage loans*
Maximal annual interest rate
What are the terms of the loan?
- Loan should be paid out in Azerbaijan manats;
- Loan should be given to Azerbaijan Republic citizen;
- Mortgage object can be either flat or private apartment;
- Loan amount should not be more than 80% of the market price of real estate loaded with a mortgage on the date of Loan allocation;
- Monthly repayment amount on mortgage Loans should not exceed 70% of borrower’s (borrowers’) total monthly incomes.
- Regular repayments regarding life and activity of borrower (joint borrower) and his family and expenses for keeping each family member can not be taken less than indicated living minimum per country.
- Borrower’s age on last loan repayment date should not exceed the limit of retirement age defined in legislation;
- Loan should be provided by the real estate mortgage;
- Real estate loaded with a mortgage should be estimated by independent evaluator listed in agent list of Mortgage and Credit Guarantee Fund and with whom relevant contract on cooperation was signed;
- The rights of mortgage holders should be registered in-state registration according to the applicable laws;
- The principal amount and interest payments on loan should be paid equally (annuity payments) per month;
- Real estate loaded with a mortgage should be insured based on the market price of real estate not exceeding the amount provided by mortgage loan;
- Life insurance contract. Life insurance of joint borrowers should be calculated in proportionally on personal income and the weight and total amount of joint borrower life insurance should not be less than the mortgage loan amount;
- Other requirements as defined by the Mortgage and Credit Guarantee Fund.
Who are eligible to social mortgage loans? (*Social mortgage loan is temporal unactive)
- Following person members of a “young family”:
- Member of martyr families (husband/wife, children);
- National Hero (himself/herself, husband/wife, children);
- Refugee or person equal to him/her;
- A person employed in-state entities for more than 3 years;
- A person who has worked as a teacher in a public school for at least 3 years;
- A person who has worked as a journalist for at least 5 years and is registered in the Media Register. (young family)
- A person who has worked as a journalist for at least 15 years and is registered in the Media Register.
- A person with academic degrees of candidate of science or doctor;
- A person with special achievements in sports (honorary physical and sports trainers, winner of competitions within a country (I place), persons rewarded in international competitions (I, II and II places);
- A person with the degree of Doctor of Science.
- A person who was employed as a public servant for more than 15 years.
- Military workers employed more than 3 years (except military workers serving on call-up period), also reserve and retired military workers of the Republic of Azerbaijan (except the military workers who are in the reserve and retired from military service in the cases specified by the clauses 41.0.6, 41.0.7, 41.0.8, 41.0.10, 42.0.3, 42.0.4 and 42.0.5 of the Law “on military duty and military service” of the Republic of Azerbaijan).
- A person with a special title who served for the authorities of internal affairs for more than 3 years.
- Workers in the scientific sphere for more than 3 years.
Note: Every family (person) who is entitled to use social mortgage loans can use these concessions only one time.
Documents required for getting a mortgage loan:
1. Identification card and its’ copy of borrower (joint borrower).
2. Certificate of Marriage (or bill of divorce) (copy of document).
3. Identification cards (copy of document) of adult family members living together with Borrower (joint Borrower).
4. Identification cards or birth certificate (copy of document) of underage family members living together with Borrower (joint Borrower).
5. Labor contract of Borrower (joint borrower) or copy of workbook confirmed by Human Resources Department of his/her workplace.
6. Documents proving Borrower’s (joint borrower) income (reference from main or if has additional workplace, and etc.).
7. Evaluation act of mortgage subject.
Documents required for official registration of mortgage:
1. Document (extract from state registration) proving property right of dwelling area loading by mortgage and technical passport (if required).
2. Document proving not loading of mortgage subject by other obligation and limits.
3. Reference about registered persons on dwelling area loading by a mortgage.
4. Copy of husband/wife’s, other registered adult family members’ consent provided to the notarial body about mortgage object selling without court and loading by a mortgage. If the owner of a mortgage object is under age person, copy of tutorial and guardian bodies’ consent in the frame of his/her interests.
Documents which should be provided after the official registration of mortgage:
1. Origin of mortgage agreement (Composite agreement) and mortgage paper, and documents confirming their state registration.
2. Documents confirming insurance of mortgage object from the case of Borrower’s death and loose of workability and payment of insurance payments.
3. Copy of bought dwelling area purchase contract.
4. Copy of identification card of dwelling area seller (for physical persons).
Documents which should be provided if Borrower is a private owner:
1. Certificate about registration of owner in tax authority (copy).
2. Income tax accepted by a tax authority or simplified tax declaration.
Documents which should be provided additionally if the borrower is from social category:
1. Document confirming Borrower’s concern to social category.
Note: Copies of provided documents should be notarized.
1. Potential borrower should evaluate his/her chances in accordance with the Mortgage and Credit Guarantee Fund terms.
2. Person meeting terms of Mortgage Fund should apply to the bank and pass an initial evaluation.
3. Loan underwriting: evaluation of repayment ability of the potential borrower, value and state of property loading by the mortgage is performing in accordance with provided documents. Consequently loan organization makes final decision on giving or not giving of a loan to person wanting to get loan.
4. Official registration of mortgage loan: documents are collected, loan, mortgage and insurance agreements are signed and confirmed in accordance with legislation and arising rights are registered by the State.
5. Loan allocation.
6 .Loan repayment.
Expenses related to mortgage
Information about all expenses concerning mortgage and documents registration period you can get from the web page of Mortgage and Credit Guarantee Fund of the Republic of Azerbaijan.